This recipe is delicious alongside Rachel Allen’s Mackerel with Parsley, Mint and Anchovy Sauce. It has lots of flavour and the toasted pistachios add a great crunchy texture.
This is another one of the dishes Rachel showed us how to make at the Ecover Eat Clean Feel Good Masterclass. Rachel has partnered with Ecover to encourage people to think carefully about the ingredients they use in both their cooking and clean up. You can find out more here on the Ecover website.
This Pomegranate Lime and Pistachio Couscous would also be wonderful alongside chicken or lamb. Or let it cool, refrigerate and serve as a tasty summer salad.
- 400 grams (14 ounces) couscous
- the seeds from one pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 500 ml (2 cups) boiling chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons pistachio nuts (shelled), toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- salt and pepper
- Place the couscous and pomegranate seeds in a bowl and mix in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour in the boiling stock or water and season.
- Allow to sit in a warm place for 5 to 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- To serve, stir in the toasted pistachios and chopped herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Rachel Allen. Reprinted with Permission.
Watch out for more delicious recipes here on The 21st Century Housewife from Rachel Allen and the Eat Clean, Feel Good initiative.
This is not a sponsored post. I was invited to attend the Eat Clean, Feel Good Master Class by Ecover and I received a gift bag to take home from the event.
Shared with See Ya in The Gumbo